WHO CAN DONATE?
Most healthy individuals are able to donate plasma. Donors must meet the following criteria:
- You must be in good health and between the ages of 18 and 59
- You must weigh at least 110 pounds
- You must not have had ear piercing, body piercing, tattoos or permanent make-up in the last 12 months (greater than 12 months is acceptable. Should not have more than 15 piercing and/or tattoos, or elaborate tattoos)
- You must have a valid picture ID with date of birth and a permanent address
- You must have a social security card or INS card
- Because donors must be in good health to donate, some medications or medical conditions may make you ineligible to donate. If you have questions about your medication and donor acceptability, please select “Contact Us” and send us the question via e-mail. We will respond as quickly as possible.
The best way to determine if you qualify to become a plasma donor is to visit Hemarus. You will answer a set of medical history questions at our center and have a short physical exam to determine if you are suitable for donation. Once you pass the physical exam, you may donate the same day. Be sure to bring your picture ID and proof of citizenship or residency (Social Security Number or INS number) the first day you visit our center.